2000-2001 Coordinating Committee Procedural Rules
Coordinating Committee Calls: The United Students Against Sweatshops 2000-2001 will meet weekly by conference call.
- Calls will be open to anyone
- The agenda for each call will be posted on the USAS list-serve prior to each call
- Call notes will be posted shortly after each CC call
- 1/2 plus one of the filled coordinating seats must be present on each call for quorum
Call Structure: It is advised that each call agenda include:
- Agenda Approval - 2 min.
- Janitor Check-in - 10 min. max
- Urgent Business - 30 min.
- Committee Reports - 10 min. x 3
- Job Assignments - 2 min.
- Checkout - 2 min.
Voting: The CC will strive for consensus in making all decisions. A 2/3 majority will be required to pass any vote by the CC.
Call Tasks: At the end of each call, the CC will assign the following roles to one of its members for the following call:
- facilitator/agenda maker- will construct the following call's agenda based on the wishes and priorities of USAS as a whole and the CC
- janitor- will directly respond to all incoming requests and communications to the CC list-serve or refer communications to the appropriate committee or persons
- note taker- will take notes on the call, recording all discussion and votes. Notes will be sent to the USAS list-serve shortly after the call
Sub-Committees: Each CC member will facilitate at least one of the following committees. That CC member will report back to the CC for that committee at least every other week:
- Alliance Building
- Internal Communication
- International Solidarity
- Staff Oversight
- Conference Committee*
Transition: Each member of the CC will draft a report on the Committee's experience for the succeeding CC
Regional Organizers: Regional Organizers will file bi-monthly reports on regional activities to the coordinating Committee and the USAS list-serve